“Tastes of the seasons, preserved,” is the quote of the kitchen staff here at Vie. Our philosophy of using fresh, seasonal ingredients is represented in its contemporary American cuisine. Vie supports many of the local farmers and artisans in the Midwest.
After studying Photography and Cinematography at Columbia College, Nathan moved on to and graduated from the Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago. Nathan worked the front and back of the house before becoming Chef de Cuisine at Vie. He also teaches butchering classes and heads the charcuterie program at Vie.
Prestigious awards to Vie Restaurant include:
- A Michelin Star Restaurant
- Top 40 Restaurants in the USA, Gayot Restaurant Guide
- Jean Banchet Best Fine Dining Restaurant
- Top 25 Farm to Table Restaurants, Best Life Magazine
- Top Ten Chicago Area Wine Lists, Gayot Restaurant Guide
- Three Stars by Phil Vettel, Chicago Tribune